George W Burris & Lydia Ewing - their daughter Cynthia

Catherine Voutaz

Feb 8, 2021, 9:58:38 AM2/8/21
to Ewing Family Association
Hello from Utah.  I am new to this group and am doing some research regarding the children of Lydia Ewing (1791-1872) who married George W Burris (27
Jul 1809) on 27 Jul 1809.

I am seeking supporting documentation that Cynthia Ewing (1820-1888), (James' great-granddaughter) who married John Hawk (1817-1885) on 10 Sep 1838 is the daughter of Lydia Ewing and George Burris.

I found information regarding Lydia here: James Ewing - Pioneer, Volume II ( https://www.ewingfamilyassociation.org/books/JamesEwingOfPocahontas/jasbook_Vol2/Jas1721v2Ch09.htm), but I have not been able to confirm Cynthia's relationship
to Lydia, but she is clearly listed as their daughter.

Apparently George Burris had an obituary used to substantiate some
information show on this website or could there be a reference in any county histories?

Is there any possibility someone has documentation that could be provided to me to positively connect the relationship?

Any help would be great.