Re: [Erlyaws-list] Yaws and HTML5 Websocket

Davide Marquês

Dec 17, 2009, 6:22:41 PM12/17/09
to Claes Wikstrom, wde, erlyaws-list, ew...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just uploaded a Web Sockets ewgi implementation that is working on Yaws, Mochiweb and Inets.
To use it just grab the last code from:
Start the server via cd ewgi_examples; ./start.sh default
And point Chromium to http://localhost/websocket.

An usage example can be found in:
Haven't quite figured out how to get "wss://" to work though...

The code was inspired by the other implementations that popped in erlang-questions this week, so I'd like to thank the various authors. :)

Cheers,
Davide :)

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Claes Wikstrom <kla...@tail-f.com> wrote:
wde wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does someone actually use yaws and the websocket feature introduced with HTML5 ?

Not to my knowledge, thus excellent opportunity to be the first !! and publish.

/klacke

Davide Marquês

Dec 18, 2009, 9:25:34 AM12/18/09
to wde, Claes Wikstrom, erlyaws-list, ew...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Both wde and me have stumbled in a strange behaviour: even after passing control over the socket to the new owner (I've checked that it succeeds in doing so) the Yaws process is still able to close the socket - taking away all the funin web socketing. :\

Additionally, I should notice that my ewgi code only seems to work on mochiweb, the same issue pops up on ewgi_yaws and ewgi_inets. In both cases, simply delaying the "killing" of the server process seems to be enough to have the web socket open/working.

My current assumption is that it is possible for another process that is not the socket owner to close it. Can anyone share some insights into this?

Now excuse me while I go fire my test monkey. :)

Cheers,
Davide :)