Exporting Biomass Maps

Harrison Smith

Apr 4, 2023, 11:27:13 AM4/4/23
to EwE users

Hi all,

I am new to EcoPath, and I have been trying to wrap my head around attaining a few seemingly simple outputs over the past couple weeks...

I am particularly interested in using some of the predicted biomass models from the Celtic Sea model (1985-2016). I am aware that Ecospace estimates/predictions, including biomass maps (or more exactly biomass density maps here), can be saved in spatial files and read/used somewhere else. The format of this spatial files is ASCII. I’d ideally like to be able to run some external statistics on certain prey model distributions with external datasets externally on ArcGIS. I am able to import the model into EcoPath, but am struggling to work out out how I can export the biomass predictions maps (As seen below from the paper).

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmars.2020.578717/full

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this endeavour.

Best regards,

Harrison

EwE user support

Apr 5, 2023, 9:19:16 AM4/5/23
to Harrison Smith, EwE users
Hi Harrison,

Get Ecospace to output ASCII maps is configured via the Ecospace parameters page (EwE > Nav tree > Ecospace > Input > Ecospace model parameters). Driving EwE with time series of maps will require the Spatial Temporal Data Framework (Steenbeek et al. 2013).

Hope this helps somewhat,
Jeroen