[EwEUsers] UBC Ecosystem Modelling Course

EwE dev team

Dec 17, 2020, 6:11:49 AM12/17/20
to EwE users
Dear EwE user community,

We are happy to announce an online graduate EwE introductory course, (Fish 501, https://sites.google.com/view/fish501-2021/home), January 12 - April 14, 2021, which will feature a suite of guest lectures – many of which were keynote talks at the Ecopath 35 Years Conference.

Villy Christensen will lead the course with support from Marta Coll, Leigh McGaughey, and Santiago de la Puente – as well as the many guest lecturers.
The course is Tuesdays and Thursdays, 09.00 - 11.00 Pacific time (though 12.00 - 14.00 on Thursday Jan 14). It will be held on Zoom and transmitted as it happens on FaceBook Live through the Ecopath FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/eweconsortium)

We invite you to un-officially audit the course through FaceBook Live. We will monitor questions during the classes, which opens for getting clarification, further explanations, a.o.

We may be able to accommodate more than the registered students through Zoom, but we are learning as we move along, and it really depends on the interest in the course. We have to be considerate of the registered students that are taking it for credit and will be graded.

Thus, (1) if you intend to follow the entire course, please contact Villy to let him know, or (2) if you want to follow through FaceBook Live at your convenience, sit tight and wait for the link to appear on this page.

We will make recordings of the lectures available online through the Ecopath YouTube channel after each class (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYSxc70e_SJ921RqXrioPw).

Best wishes,
Jeroen
EwE dev team