Ecosim run time

Skip to the first unread message

Max Grezlik

18 May 2021, 14:48:4618/05/2021
to EwE users
Hi all,

Recently I'm experiencing a weird issue where ecosim is taking an abnormally long time to run an 83 year projection (about 40 minutes for one run).  The issue is the same on two different computers I have access to.  I thought it was a corrupted file but when I had a colleague run the model on their machine it worked fine.  I was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

For some context, the trouble started when I accidentally introduced 0 values in my vulnerabilities matrix.  This resulted in an error message which I corrected and have been experiencing long run times ever since.

Thanks,
Max

EwE user support

18 May 2021, 15:57:2018/05/2021
to Max Grezlik, EwE users
Hi Max,

Can you zip up your model and send it to ewede...@gmail.com? Please include also which version of EwE you're using. I'll take a look. This is certainly not a known issue.

Best,
Jeroen
EwE dev team

Max Grezlik

19 May 2021, 08:16:4319/05/2021
to EwE users
Thanks Jeroen for pointing out my issue.

In case anyone else has a similar issue, this was the result of me having the auto save feature turned on without knowing it. Once I turned that off, run times went back to normal.