other production -> biomass accumulation

Duke ten Velden

Oct 15, 2020, 4:23:56 AM10/15/20
to EwE users
Hi there,

Thank you for reading this question and hopefully you are willing to help out.

I am hoping somebody can tell me: what is the difference between the input parameters of 'Biomass Accumulation' and 'BA rate (yearly)' in the other production tab of Ecopath?

And how are both included in the Ecopath's master equation? As pure biomass addition or production?

Thank you!

EwE dev team

Nov 9, 2020, 3:39:21 PM11/9/20
to Duke ten Velden, EwE users
Hi Duke,

Did you get an answer yet? BA is net (or absolute) accumulation, BA rate is relative to a groups' biomass. Integration in the equations is described here:

Christensen, V., and Walters, C.J. (2004). Ecopath with Ecosim: methods, capabilities and limitations. Ecological Modelling 172, 109–139.

Best,
Jeroen