Results: Negative Relative Biomass in ECOSPACE

SHAREL ALEXA CHARRY OCAMPO

Aug 31, 2022, 4:44:36 PM8/31/22
to EwE users
I ran my ecospace model and I obtained negative relative biomass (attached table). if someone can help or give me an explanation of this matter i will apreciate.

Thank you so much,
negative relative biomass.png

Matt Woodstock

Aug 31, 2022, 5:34:23 PM8/31/22
to EwE users
Hello Sharel,

This is interesting. It seems the base relative biomass is 0 t/km2. So the positive values should indicate the population was greater than the initial biomass and the negative values should indicate that the population was smaller than the initial biomass for that functional group. However, that doesn't explain the values less than negative 1 (functional group 17), unless its not actually relative biomass and is instead the absolute in t/km2.

Best,
Matt Woodstock