Fwd: PhD position on protective symbiosis

Joachim Hermisson

8:41 AM (14 hours ago) 8:41 AM
to evolvienna, mabs

FYI

-------- Originalnachricht --------

Betreff: PhD position on protective symbiosis
Datum: 15.07.2024 22:23
Von: Hildegard Uecker <uec...@evolbio.mpg.de>
An: uec...@evolbio.mpg.de

Dear all,

I am looking for a PhD student to join my group. The project is about modeling parasite epidemics in host populations with symbiont-mediated immunity. The PhD position is part of the Collaborative Research Unit ‘Density dependent symbiosis in planktonic systems -- DynaSym’, which is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and brings together several research groups across Germany to test and develop basic concepts of density dependence of the symbiosis form (e.g., shift from predator-prey to mutualistic interaction and back). Details are given in the attached ad.

I would be grateful if you could spread it in your network and especially forward it to students who may be interested in the position.

Thank you very much!

Hildegard

--
Joachim Hermisson
Professor for Mathematics and Biosciences