EV-hater prosecuted> Sentry Mode caught her keying Tesla-3 EV +

evln

Dec 27, 2021, 4:19:20 AM12/27/21
to evln

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-prosecuted-fined-keying-tesla-141342013.html
A woman was prosecuted and fined for keying a Tesla Model 3 after being caught by its onboard cameras
December 23, 2021 ... A woman in Dorset, England, said she keyed a Tesla Model 3 parked next to her car ... Anna Valente was filmed while the car was in Sentry Mode, and the footage was used in court ... Police said most instances of car vandalism go unsolved, but the Tesla camera made a difference ... A driver was caught and fined after keying a Tesla in a rare prosecution secured using footage from the car's onboard cameras. The incident took place in June when Anna Valente, 57, found the Tesla Model 3 next to her Nissan Juke in Poole, England, MailOnline reported. She said in a court hearing in June that she damaged the car, and she was ordered to pay around $1,450 for the damage ... Valente could be seen ... using a set of keys behind her back to scratch the Tesla ... the Sentry Mode footage, and he was able to give police images of Valente's face and her car's license plate ...

$25k Lucid EV in 4 years

https://www.axios.com/lucid-motors-affordable-electric-cars-967f69c7-98c5-4737-8449-4e17fd7bca9b.html
Lucid Motors CEO sees $25,000 electric cars in 4 years
DECEMBER 13, 2021 ... Lucid Motors CEO Peter Rawlinson doesn't "want to be doing wealthy people's cars ... The $169,000 Lucid Air Dream, while financially out of reach for most people, has an unprecedented 520-mile driving range — efficiency that can be carried over to lower-priced models. "The biggest challenge I've always faced was getting money, not going bankrupt, having that investment as a startup to develop this," Rawlinson said, pointing to Lucid's debut model. "Start with this, but my passion: get this down from $169,000 to under $70,000 by the end of next year." "Efficiency's the key, and our technology will drive down the (battery) pack size in this car. And driving the pack size will drive down the cost. And that's where we get to a $25,000 car. And I think that could come three to four years from now." ...
https://youtu.be/qnrKisBcICo

For EV List News posts view:
 https://diyelectriccar.com/tags/brucedp5/
or