Tesla anti-ICEing popup floor locking devices in China +

evln

Dec 12, 2021, 7:59:10 PM12/12/21
to evln

https://electrek.co/2021/12/09/tesla-system-prevent-gas-cars-iceing-superchargers-integrates-app/
Tesla doubles down on system to prevent gas cars ‘ICEing’ Superchargers, integrates it in its app
Dec. 9th 2021 ... a system to prevent people from blocking or “ICEing” Supercharger stalls and even integrates it into its mobile app ... In China, Tesla ... started to deploy floor locking devices that pop up from the ground at some new Supercharging stations ... The ramp-up in the deployment of this system at Supercharger stations coincides with Tesla actually integrating the system in its mobile app ... in China where Tesla now lets drivers unlock the devices directly from the app ...
https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/12/Tesla-Supercharger-lock.jpeg
https://twitter.com/42how_/status/1461257101616066562

https://carbuzz.com/news/tesla-has-clever-plan-to-stop-idiots-from-blocking-superchargers
Tesla Has Clever Plan To Stop Idiots From Blocking Superchargers
10 ... This childish behavior shouldn't need a solution, but Tesla has come up with one anyway ... The EV manufacturer is looking to democratize its superchargers, and in certain regions, you can charge your Porsche Taycan right next to regular Tesla offerings such as the Model 3 and Model S, but some have been experiencing an unpleasant trend in recent times: internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles are blocking charging stations. This act is known as "ICEing", and it has ... come up with ... mechanisms pop up from the floor rendering the parking space unusable until it is unlocked ...
https://twitter.com/TeslaCharging/status/1466331309232508930

Don’t pass union-made EV subsidies +

https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-tesla-speaks-up-ev-subsidies-govt-spending-interview/amp/
Elon Musk speaks up on EV subsidies and government spending: “Don’t pass it.”
2021-12-07 ... “It’s worth noting that the (electric) vehicle purchase tax credit, the $7500, Tesla stopped getting that two years ago. Whereas everyone else except for GM gets the $7500 tax credit. So all of our sales this year and last year had nothing to do with the tax credit because we’re no longer eligible because we’ve made so many electric cars. Tesla’s made roughly two-thirds of all the electric cars made in the United States. I’m not sure if most people are aware of that. So Tesla’s made roughly twice as many electric vehicles as everyone else has made. Honestly, I would just can this whole bill. Don’t pass it. That’s my recommendation,” ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/elon-musk-joe-biden-tesla-b1971020.html
‘Can this bill’: Elon Musk rips Biden’s Build Back Better bill to crowd of CEOs
2021-12-07 ... “I would say can this bill, don’t pass it. That’s my recommendation,” he told an audience at The Wall Street Journal’s annual CEO Council on Monday, saying that the Tesla team wasn’t even really paying attention to the negotiations in Washington ...

Buttigieg blasts critics> 3b-bill/EV tax credit

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/pete-buttigieg-fires-back-after-elon-musk-blasts-federal-spending-on-evs-saying-there-are-there-are-things-that-dont-happen-on-their-own-11638898332
Pete Buttigieg fires back after Elon Musk blasts federal spending on EVs, saying there are ‘things that don’t happen on their own’
Dec. 8, 2021 ... U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg on Tuesday pushed back on ... criticism ...  the importance of making sure that this electric-vehicle revolution is made in America and creating good-paying jobs. And, of course, we believe in the benefits of union jobs.” ...

https://torontosun.com/news/national/canada-threatens-tariffs-if-u-s-passes-electric-vehicle-tax-credits
Canada threatens tariffs if U.S. passes electric vehicle tax credits
Dec 10, 2021 ... In a stern letter to Senate leadership as well as key committee leaders, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland and Trade Minister Mary Ng promised to impose tariffs on a raft of U.S.-made products if President Joe Biden’s tax credit proposal becomes law ...
https://smartcdn.prod.postmedia.digital/torontosun/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/EV-AUTOS-scaled-e1639172302615.jpg

For EV List News posts view:
 https://diyelectriccar.com/tags/brucedp5/
or