Another Chevy Bolt EV fire> Cherokee_County-GA +

evln

Sep 15, 2021, 8:33:40 PM9/15/21
to evln

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/another-chevy-bolt-fire.240095/
Another Chevy Bolt Fire
Sep 14th, 2021 ... Feel bad for Bolt owners. I had one before I got my Model 3 (which was before I got my Model Y) and it's a great car, but these fires are terrible for those owners. Hope this doesn't impact EVs overall as well. :/
Car Catches Fire Inside Garage? ... Cherokee County Fire & Emergency Services responded to a structure fire this morning, just shortly after 9 o’clock, at 2691 Trinity Church Road off Free Home Highway. Firefighters arrived on scene to find smoke coming from inside the garage. The homeowner stated that all of his smoke alarms started going off and he went outside to find smoke coming from an adjoining garage. The fire appeared to be coming from a 2019 Chevy Bolt electric vehicle. The vehicle was pulled from the garage; however, it had already received extensive damage ... The fire is under investigation ... General Motors reported ... two defects in the battery cells that could lead to fire. No injuries have been reported ...
https://cherokeecountyfire.org/_resources/_imgs/newsImgs/2237_3.jpg

GM has a choice to make

https://www.manufacturing.net/video/video/21722733/gm-lg-evaluate-its-battery-fire-dilemma-and-future
GM, LG Evaluate Its Battery Fire Dilemma and Future
Sep 14th, 2021 ... General Motors is trying to get to the root of its battery fire issues in Chevrolet Bolts that have forced recalls, plant shutdowns and cost the company $1.8 billion. According to Reuters, GM is working closely with its electric vehicle partner, LG Corp, to “clean up the manufacturing process” at LG battery plants. GM linked the battery-related fires in the Bolt to plants in South Korea and Michigan. Since November of 2020, there have been three recalls that have included over 140,000 Bolts. GM has yet to execute a plan for a hardware fix ...

For EV List News posts view:
 https://groups.google.com/g/evln/
 on
 https://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/ev-news.6/