wattev.com 1MW PV semi e-truck EVSE> 320mi-range in 30min +

evln

Sep 21, 2021, 5:18:40 PM9/21/21
to evln

https://pv-magazine-usa.com/2021/09/14/solar-powered-ev-truck-charging-on-a-megawatt-scale-is-coming-to-california/
Solar powered EV truck charging on a megawatt scale is coming to California
September 14, 2021 ... The 1 MW solar-powered chargers will deliver 320 miles of range to a Class 8, 80,000 pound truck in 30 minutes ... WattEV was awarded a $5 million grant to support the buildout of a 12 electric truck, 4 MW charging station in Bakersfield, California, backed by an onsite solar plus storage facility. The grant is from the California Energy Commission, and will represent one of the state’s first solar-powered truck charging stops dedicated to heavy-duty electric trucks. The facility will be supported by 5 MW of solar power plus second-life energy storage. As the site scales to as many as 40 charging stations, it will be upgraded to 25 MW of solar plus storage at the 110 acre site, with 40 MW of charging capacity. The site will have light-duty, medium and heavy chargers with rates of 250 kW, 350 kW, and 1 MW capacities. The 1 MW chargers will deliver 320 miles of range to a Class 8, 80,000 pound truck in 30 minutes ...
https://l0dl1j3lc42iebd82042pgl2-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/09/wattev.image_.1.jpg
https://l0dl1j3lc42iebd82042pgl2-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/09/wattev.image_.3.png

Solar-Powered 4x4 African-safari EVs

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-14/solar-powered-electric-4x4s-are-transforming-luxury-african-safaris
Solar-Powered 4x4s Are Totally Transforming Safaris
September 14, 2021 ... Across Africa, a handful of luxury safari lodges is pioneering the future of emission-free mobility in the bush ... “It was an easy decision,” says Cheetah Plains owner Japie van Niekerk of the decision to offer an all-electric fleet of safari vehicles. “They are silent. They’re low on maintenance. And there are huge logistical benefits, as we don’t have to deliver fuel to the lodge out in the bush. But more than that, it’s the right thing. We are guests in nature, so why leave a footprint when we can be silent and blend in?” ...
https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/iKBhyPJs8wfg/v0/1000x-1.jpg

For EV List News posts view:
 https://groups.google.com/g/evln/
 on