Turn regen-off during DMV driving test, else you'll fail +

evln

Dec 6, 2021, 2:23:13 PM12/6/21
to evln

Gilroy Teen Fails Driving Test Due To Tesla Regenerative Braking System
2021-11-30 ... GILROY (KPIX) — After an examiner flunked a teen driving a Tesla due to its unique brake system, the California Department of Motor Vehicles has instructed its staff to treat electric vehicles in the same manner as conventional gas-powered vehicles, during behind-the-wheel driving tests ... Bryce Rosenblum, 16, embarked on his driving test alongside the DMV instructor in a Tesla Model 3, with regenerative braking activated in standard mode ... [DMV] told me I failed ... “Applicant did not slow car. Only put foot on brake after car was slowed and stopping.” “... I asked her what I could do next time to pass the test. And she told me to not take a Tesla, and just to borrow someone else’s car. Bring someone else’s that has a motor, instead of actual electric car,” ... father ... filed a complaint ... “This is a broken process,” ... DMV’s Field Operations Division reviewed the drive test score sheet and has determined the drive test score will be revised as passing. The customer will be advised that their license should be arriving in the mail soon ... I felt a little vindicated ... “I think it’s important to stand by something that you believe in and so if you believe something strong enough, you should fight for it.” ...

Teen fails driving test due to Tesla regenerative braking system
November 30, 2021 ...

A Bay Area teen reportedly failed his driving exam because of this Tesla feature
Nov. 30, 2021 ...

San Jose Teen Fails Driving Test Due To Tesla Regenerative Braking System
November 30, 2021 ... video flash

[dated]
Tesla driving test hell: How DMV examiners’ biases are inhibiting the EV transition
August 13, 2021 ...

Union-only EV tax credit doesn’t really do what it aims

Tesla fans should reframe the issue of the $4,500 incentive for electric cars made by unions
Nov. 29th 2021 ... Tesla fans have been pushing back hard against the union clause in the bill, which they see as unfair.
I think they are right, but I think they should move away from focusing on it being a slight against Tesla by the Biden administration, and instead, focus on what makes it fundamentally wrong. The main problem is that the clause doesn’t really do what it aims to do ... By introducing the $4,500 extra incentive for EVs coming out of union factories, Biden assumes that it will incentivize the market to buy vehicles from automakers who have factories staffed with workers with “good pay and benefits.” ...

Letter: Electric vehicle tax credit punishes nonunion makers
2021-11-29 ... the quality of foreign manufacturers’ automobiles is far better than most produced in the U.S., so why not let [customers of] foreign manufacturers have a $7,500 refund for purchasing an electric vehicle? ...

For EV List News posts view:
or