Tesla S, X, 3 EV Recall> backup camera sw needs OTA update +

1 view

evln

Apr 4, 2022, 10:43:27 PM4/4/22
to evln

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/recall-alert-tesla-backup-cameras/
Recall Alert: Tesla Backup Cameras
03/28/2022 ... Tesla has recalled about 900 2018-2019 Model S sedans, 2017-2020 Model 3 sedans, and 2018-2019 Model X SUVs because their backup cameras don’t activate quickly enough. Drivers can switch into reverse and back up for several seconds before the screen shows an image. Federal safety regulations require the image to show before the car can travel in reverse for what should be obvious reasons. The problem affects only 947 cars. These cars have Tesla’s Autopilot computer version 2.5 and older camera firmware. Tesla can fix the problem with an over-the-air software update, so it doesn’t require a service visit. Tesla files recall paperwork with the federal government whenever it corrects a serious safety defect, even if the company makes the correction remotely ...
https://www.kbb.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2018-Tesla-Model-S-Interior-1.jpg

Daimler talking out of both sides of mouth> not EV committed

https://www.nxtmine.com/news/articles/energy-critical-metals/daimler-truck-ceo-asserts-price-of-electric-vehicle-will-forever-be-higher-than-combustion-engine/
Daimler Truck CEO Asserts Price Of Electric Vehicle Will “Forever Be Higher” Than Combustion Engine
March 28, 2022 ... Daimler Truck CEO... on the global shift to electric vehicles ... “If you take the entirety of engine, transmission, axle, tank system, cooling… we have a maximum of about €25,000. How much battery do you get for €25,000? Even if [battery costs fall to] €60 per kilowatt-hour, and I need 400 kilowatt-hours, then I need €24,000 alone for the battery cells.” ...

For  EV List News  posts view:
 diyelectriccar.com/tags/brucedp5/
or
 https://groups.google.com/g/evln/