Entanglement

Alan Grayson

Jul 27, 2022, 8:20:27 AMJul 27
to Everything List
When it's claimed that "entanglement is the glue that connects space with time", what does this mean? AG

John Clark

Jul 27, 2022, 8:46:50 AMJul 27
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 8:20 AM Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When it's claimed that "entanglement is the glue that connects space with time", what does this mean? AG

If entanglement does connect space with time nobody knows exactly how it works, although there are theories, one recent one involves Einstein–Rosen wormholes of unlimited length but submicroscopic diameter. There is zero experimental evidence this theory is correct, and no evidence it is incorrect either. All we know for sure is if 2 particles are entangled and you make a change in one of them then you can instantaneously change the other particle even if it is an enormous distance away, but you can't use that effect to make a device that can communicate faster than light.

2jr

Alan Grayson

Jul 28, 2022, 7:58:02 AMJul 28
to Everything List
Maybe Einstein wasn't wrong about locality, only about geometry. AG

John Clark

Jul 28, 2022, 10:31:17 AMJul 28
On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 7:58 AM Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe Einstein wasn't wrong about locality, only about geometry. AG

My hunch, and it's only a hunch, is that Einstein was right about locality because if things really were non-local then I don't see how we could understand anything until we understood everything. But as far as I know although Einstein found the wormhole solution that was lurking in his General Relativity equations he never made a connection between that and entanglement or locality, it was others who did that many decades after his death.
oah

Lawrence Crowell

Jul 29, 2022, 11:39:48 AMJul 29
to Everything List
Two entangled black holes can teleport states. I may be wrong, but I think there is a way of experimentally showing this with a black hole analogue.

LC

Lawrence Crowell

Jul 29, 2022, 11:40:46 AMJul 29
to Everything List
No, Einstein was wrong on this.

LC

Alan Grayson

Aug 6, 2022, 3:03:47 AMAug 6
to Everything List
Why are you so sure Einstein was wrong about locality? If worm holes exist, distant appearing particles might not be so distant. AG