Do guns cause death?

John Clark

May 28, 2022, 7:39:56 AM5/28/22
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
The answer to the question posed in the subject line would seem to be obvious but Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, and virtually every Republican official currently in office claims, at least publicly, that the prevalence of guns in a country has absolutely nothing to do with the number of homicides committed there. I would maintain that claim is objectively untrue. I also maintained that the truth or falsehood of a fact about the natural world cannot be deduced from political ideology because nature is not a Democrat or a Republican; that's why CERN didn't hire Tucker Carlson to help them find the Higgs particle.

image.png

image.png
t4v

Brent Meeker

May 28, 2022, 3:36:12 PM5/28/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Can you post the link to these graphs.  Often when I see these statistics showing the U.S. as an extreme outlier in gun murders, I find that they have left out Mexico, Columbia, Nicaragua,...  which can be justified on some economic or cultural grounds, but I wonder what they look like.

Brent