NYTimes.com: We Fact-Checked Trump’s Speech

John Clark

Nov 16, 2022, 5:55:15 AM11/16/22
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
Check out this article from The New York Times. Because I'm a subscriber, you can read it through this gift link without a subscription.

We Fact-Checked Trump’s Speech

Former President Donald J. Trump made a number of claims about his policies and President Biden’s record. We checked them for accuracy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/15/us/trump-speech-fact-check.html?unlocked_article_code=hvvjMLs5DcFQUdgUvHItqjYjUBtGZhboSyFm-Fe2PsqcHd0vmyNd5YNvTsnz5MkiCDsdf4oFa4KBs6LY91OyD_cwgHj8LBPKkpzXi5gXpdk8z_X5l7eez_FMSfDR6abDF-QRPUyHbG8DOH-glzbqiVB3eJRAKB9GjrhpdEREuDCZhdqMxru_kgyvSoFz3H13PqQ6BXpF4aibGLFdyG3_N4iH9Qy0hIaaAVPm-QRJvNVWKrVI87TZx4riaiKTzvgBbizRDIbmnP1FH4f0obKvNWAc5K1wjuQCKp-brBziKi07uvUTwDAgjIDbJBqWwJZEfGAi50rZGUEHeNoN&smid=em-share

Lawrence Crowell

Nov 16, 2022, 7:11:15 PM11/16/22
to Everything List
You cannot take anything t'Rump says as real. Even words like "and" and "the" are lies.

LC

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 17, 2022, 3:50:41 AM11/17/22
to goldenfield...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to take Don's word on anything. But you'll have to take your fellow progressives WaPo (owned by Bezos) when, after the recent election, the FBI says no money motive in the documents. Like there is dealings with Hunter taking cash from China and Russia, but for the Don protecting himself from getting caught..no!
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/7c01e658-87c2-4a29-85a2-d90a0f3f9110n%40googlegroups.com
.

John Clark

Nov 17, 2022, 6:22:44 AM11/17/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 7:11 PM Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You cannot take anything t'Rump says as real. Even words like "and" and "the" are lies.

All politicians lie from time to time but I have never heard a politician, or any human being for that matter, lie with the machine gun rapidity of Donald J Trump. And to me what is even more astounding is that most Trump zombies know this but they just don't care.

vcx

Lawrence Crowell

Nov 17, 2022, 7:00:24 AM11/17/22
to Everything List
On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 2:50:41 AM UTC-6 spudb...@aol.com wrote:
You don't need to take Don's word on anything. But you'll have to take your fellow progressives WaPo (owned by Bezos) when, after the recent election, the FBI says no money motive in the documents. Like there is dealings with Hunter taking cash from China and Russia, but for the Don protecting himself from getting caught..no!

Amazing how conservatives continue to make an issue of Hunter's laptop and Hillary's emails, while seem to excuse t'Rump's incitement of the overthrow of an elected government.

LC

Lawrence Crowell

Nov 17, 2022, 7:02:44 AM11/17/22
to Everything List
It is amazing. However, t'Rump had a hell of a booze party going, but now all these right-wingers have to get sober. I suspect there will be a loss of followers over time. Don-the-Con t'Rump is probably used up.

LC

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 17, 2022, 12:36:58 PM11/17/22
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
John, and maybe this is just me, I believe or trust that most politicians like most of the time.
The people who lie the most have been dem pols and their supporting propagandists.
The deal with you is that you screen out what these folk claim.

Remember words are often nothing to these people, because they're doing persuasion, not physics.

For an electrical engineer, you allow emotion to eclipse your intellect. Focus on policy and what you opposed on Trumpo and what you oppose or agree with on Joey. Policy is everything, and personality is for The Hollywood Reporter.

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 17, 2022, 1:23:21 PM11/17/22
to goldenfield...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
I understand Team Playing which is what we are both doing LC. Go Team! Look, I say let the truth be known.
For Don, I can't even persuade my own flesh and blood family that the Donald is just a NY personality who won because people hated and feared Obama and Hillary. Gio Team!

It's simply that the crap the DNC accused him of has all fallen through. If Donny, or Joey, or Hillary, betrayed us, let's find out.

I'd be less cynical if you stated, "hey, this policy of Trump sucked because, [fill in the blank]." Then we can, argue the matter on which policy works best, or damages us the least.

Trump is liked because he shakes the dem establishment up. Go Team!!!

Who will be the Rep Nominee in 2024? Ron DeSantis. If I were you, I'd try to find out what his science policy has been?

As one analyst said, "If DeSantis beats Trump in the nomination, nobody the Democrats put up will matter."

Go Team!! Time for the towel wave!

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 17, 2022, 1:28:35 PM11/17/22
to goldenfield...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Ron DeSantis, Say his name!!!

Oh, and, um, Go Team! Joey's policies seem awful and hostile to the rest of the US. I don't see Fetterman or Newsome having the record to run on. Kamala? Um.... Hillary, maybe, but it'll be what the lass promises in 2024, the economy, war, all the finer things of life.

> The people who lie the most have been dem pols and their supporting propagandists.

Democratic politicians, like all human beings, lie from time to time, but when they give public speeches they don't tell a different lie every 15 or 20 seconds during an entire hour long speech. In my entire life the only human being I've ever seen do that is Donald J Trump.

> For an electrical engineer, you allow emotion to eclipse your intellect. Focus on policy and what you opposed on Trump

OK I don't like Trump's policy of reducing medical benefits gor the poor and middle class. I don't like Trump's policy of reducing taxes on the super ultra mega rich. I don't like Trump's policy of complaining about the poor state of the US infrastructure but not doing anything to improve it . I don't like Trump's policy of doing his best to destroy the US Constitution and instigating a coup d'état if he loses a presidential election.

> what you oppose or agree with on Joey. Policy is everything, and personality is for The Hollywood Reporter.

Intelligence or the lack of it is part of personality  and knowledge or the lack of it is part of personality, and emotional stability or the lack of it is part of personality, and an insatiable hunger for power or the lack of it is part of personality,  so that's an important part of being a good leader, In fact I'd say it's the most important part. Thus before you make somebody Commander In Chief and give them the power to kill you and everybody you know, and everybody you've ever heard of in the next 20 minutes and who claims to be a "very stable genius" I think it is reasonable to investigate if that claim has any validity.  And in Trump's case it certainly does not . Spud, you say avoiding a nuclear war is the most important issue facing the world and I agree, so why would you want to give power like that to a 76-year-old man who behaves like a 14-year-old whiny brat?

> Ron DeSantis, Say his name!!!

I'd rather have my teeth drilled.

drw

Brent Meeker

Nov 17, 2022, 2:22:24 PM11/17/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
"Policy is everything" is what a sycophant says when his guy is a narcissistic scumbag with the world view of a 4th grader.  The policies that were "everything" consisted of keeping out immigrants, cutting taxes on the richest people, withdrawing from international alliances, denouncing global warming as a hoax, getting a million Americans killed by COVID, and pandering to ruthless autocrats.

Brent

Alan Grayson

Nov 18, 2022, 5:51:38 AM11/18/22
to Everything List
Spud says, " The people who lie the most have been dem pols and their supporting propagandists. "

You're hopelessly delusional and not worth interacting with. AG

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 24, 2022, 1:57:59 AM11/24/22
to meeke...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Yet with all that, life was better under Don, then it is under Joey.
Since Trump left office the death toll from Covid variants it's been Joey, set and match.
Cutting taxes on the rich was never my fav. Having said that, Joey is no friend of the middle class with his POLICY-induced inflation on energy. Like from day one he banned fracking, without planning to move so solar powered EV's. Made soviet-Greens feel good, and they are bigtime DNC contributors. For an energy POLICY, well, halting one thing without preparing a replacement, well, that's just droolingly, idiotic.

His worldview seemed to do good with the Abraham Accords, which the state dept assholes said could never be done. Better than Ayatollah-hugging Obama, or Joey. In Ayatollah land Joey wants to make nice-nice with the women-killers who rule there. For more foreign POLICY, let us not forget the Afghan withdrawal which has caused thousands of deaths and now women there as well have no rights, and do also fear for their lives. Now, that was absolute genius!!
Prominent US academics urge Biden to do more to help anti-government protesters in Iran | CNN Politics

This didn't happen under Trump and Trump didn't send a message to Putin to go ahead and invade Ukraine, by his Afghan idiocy.

Global Warming is no hoax, but neither is Joey providing ANY technological fixes, and this too, is POLICY. COP-27, The Paris Accords 2014 does zero to alleviate climate change and allows China to burn up whatever the hell they want, without paying a single Yuan. POLICY. Only technology can fix the climate and all the Dems want to do is kill fossil fuels without providing a replacement energy infrastructure-because it makes you all feel good. How, virtuous!!! Yeah, just kill the fossil, and we'll be fine! Brilliant leadership.

How about the high death toll on the border form open immigration.  fentanyl, hug the street thugs, street crime, while they kill the rest of us?? So, it is policy and not personality.  It looks like when the democratic party voters start feeling the pain of DNC policies, personally, only then will there be a change in 1...2....3, POLICY!

John Clark

Nov 24, 2022, 10:55:01 AM11/24/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com, meeke...@gmail.com
On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 1:57 AM spudboy100 via Everything List <everyth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Yet with all that, life was better under Don, then it is under Joey.

Yes, I'm sure we're all nostalgic for the good old days when a traitorous president tried to become dictator and 4,327 Americans died  from COVID IN ONE DAY

> Since Trump left office the death toll from Covid variants it's been Joey, set and match.

And the majority of those were anti-vacciners who believed in Trump's quack cures. They died from an advance case of stupidity.

> Cutting taxes on the rich was never my fav.

Me neither.

> Having said that, Joey is no friend of the middle class with his POLICY-induced inflation on energy. Like from day one he banned fracking,

No that is incorrect, Biden did not ban fracking, in fact he went out of his way to say:

Let me be clear, and I know this always comes up. We’re not going to ban fracking

What he did do is put a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on public land. And I agree that was not a good idea.

> How about the high death toll on the border form open immigration.

Well what about it, the US doesn't have open immigration.  And what's with you and immigration anyway? Have  illegal immigrants ever done anything to you personally, have they outcompeted you and prevented you from achieving your lifetime dream of becoming a professional farmworker, housekeeper or gardener? On a list of world problems I would rate illegal immigration across the Mexican border at about number 92.

> fentanyl, hug the street thugs, street crime, while they kill the rest of us??

Oh for Darwin's sake, enough with the silly scaremongering! The crime rate is a small fraction of what it was in the 70s and 80s .
7v2