The Dungeon of D - Done and Posted

Rob3d

May 4, 2011, 5:12:23 PM5/4/11
to EveryGame
Finally finished. Only took 10 days which surprised me. I must say
I'm really loving this app. Time to start another module.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/56816/item/1664236#item1664236

Rob3d

May 5, 2011, 10:11:44 AM5/5/11
to EveryGame
I updated the geeklist with a new version of the module. This version
has some minor tweaks and a game rules pdf included.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/56816/item/1664236#item1664236

Geoff Hardy

May 5, 2011, 7:46:32 PM5/5/11
to ever...@googlegroups.com
Hey rob. Will my current game be supported or will o have to start a new game? :)

Sent from my iPhone

Rob3d

May 5, 2011, 9:02:18 PM5/5/11
to EveryGame
I'm 90 % sure it should still work all I added was the ability to drop
the survival, death, victory, and poison cards into the check pile so
you can read them. Just remember to email yourself the save file.
before updating.

How are you liking it so far?

On May 5, 7:46 pm, Geoff Hardy <geoffwha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey rob. Will my current game be supported or will o have to start a new game? :)
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Rob3d

May 5, 2011, 9:03:24 PM5/5/11
to EveryGame
Oh and I added the official rules pdf from Jack Darwids website.

Geoff Hardy

May 9, 2011, 10:33:01 AM5/9/11
to ever...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I was hoping you could explain (either here or in-game somewhere) how the game works in EG. Not the rules of course, but how the play area is setup and what the spaces are for. Some I have figured out, but what is the "check pile" you mentioned? Not sure how I should be drawing cards, etc.

Haven't completed a single game yet. Still getting used to it. But love what I have seen. Oh, I would love it if single-clicking would pop up a zoomed in look at the card. Would save having to zoom in and out and a lot of scrolling around (again, I'm on an iPhone).

Thanks!

Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

Rob3d

May 9, 2011, 2:15:41 PM5/9/11
to EveryGame
Well the layout is based on page 10 of the official rules pdf, and the
check pile is to the left of the power deck. Basically the check pile
is where you play all "wandering monster" cards or "action checks"
during the game. Once the checks are done you just drag the cards to
the discard pile which is to the right of the power deck.

The quick rules tab has a brief description of tap actions and valid
card locations, everything else is exactly the same as the official
rule set. The only feature that might come off as a bit confusing is
the deck resets. Basically if you drag a power or room card onto the
gold marker it will collect all the cards and shuffle them. For power
cards you only have to do this when your deck runs out. And for the
rooms you would only do this before advancing to the next level of the
dungeon. The other thing is the extras board which basically just
holds all the cards not currently in use. You can grab upgrade cards
when needed then drag them on top of your character to set them in
place. Tapping the upgrade cards increases their value. Same go for
the poison and amulet card, just drag onto your character to set it in
place.
And finally the Calarath power cards are just a bonus that the games
creator released after the game was published. You can add them to
the power deck and shuffle if you like, but it isn't necessary to the
actual game.

Originally I had thought of adding a triple click to shown a blown up
version of the cards but the files size would increase dramatically
for 108 cards at double the resolution they are now. On the ipad the
zooming in and out isn't so bad but I'm guessing playing on the iphone
would get tiresome. I might get back to it at some point and see how
easy it would be to implement a zoom for the cards.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad your enjoying the module. I hope
this answered the questions you had.