Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Adam Jeppson

no leída,
24 may 2011, 10:16:3624/5/11
a ever...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on a Lord of the Rings Card Game module, and I need to be able to "exhaust" and "refresh" cards. The most obvious solution is to give each card two "sides" and single_tap to increment side with the wrap option.

I find myself regretting not being able to use the new rotation mechanism as it would allow me to cut my number of images in half not to mention size of module. If I did do it, I would have to utilize two actions, one to rotate 90 degrees and one to rotate -90 degrees.

As I often find myself lacking in tap actions with only four to utilize, I can't afford to use two of them for this mechanism when the multiple sides option does it in one.

My suggestion is to add an argument the increment_rotation function that provides an array of rotation options for the action to cycle through. For example, you could provide 90_0 to tell it to cycle through a 90 degree orientation and 0 degree. I don't know if you maintain any sort of state information about a piece's current rotation, but this would really be helpful for a number of games that require exhausting/tapping.

What do you think?

Adam

Rob3d

no leída,
24 may 2011, 10:48:4424/5/11
a ever...@googlegroups.com
I've run into the same need, this addition would be very useful.  When increment_scale eventually gets implemented this "cycle" mechanic would be useful to that as well.

Eggy EveryGame

no leída,
24 may 2011, 16:10:0924/5/11
a ever...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that something like this would be overly difficult to add.  I'll see if I can get it in for the next release.

Speaking of which, we're hopefully wrapping up development on version 1.6 soon.  It's going to be an exciting release!

-Nathaniel

Adam Jeppson

no leída,
24 may 2011, 16:14:0024/5/11
a ever...@googlegroups.com
Can I just say that it is really, really, really, really awesome how you guys (the devs) are not only actively developing this platform but also being so open and welcome to suggestions/discussion.  You certainly don't have to do this, and I'm definitely sure it's not making you filthy rich, so a big thank you to you guys!

Rob3d

no leída,
25 may 2011, 10:01:1725/5/11
a ever...@googlegroups.com
This is great to hear! And i have to agree with Adam, it's really awesome that you guys are so open with suggestions. Looking forward to the new update.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos