Is the Simplified Chinese client version ready to be used?

Katty

Apr 7, 2008, 6:23:18 PM4/7/08
to Evergreen 中国
We are evaluating Koha and Evergreen for our library management
software use in China.
Can't tell what status is now with Evergreen.
Can someone please give me some info.
Thanks.

Jason Zou

Apr 8, 2008, 11:46:21 AM4/8/08
to Evergreen 中国
Hi Katty,

We are still working on the client version.
You might need to wait a bit more time for the Simplified Chinese
client version.

All the best,

Jason

Katty Lin

Apr 8, 2008, 11:50:39 AM4/8/08
to everg...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply, Jason.
Do you have an estimated time for this to be ready, this year, next year?

2008/4/8 Jason Zou <Jaso...@gmail.com>:

--
Katty
Shin Shin Educational Foundation

Dan Scott

Apr 8, 2008, 12:18:11 PM4/8/08
to everg...@googlegroups.com
On 08/04/2008, Katty Lin <link...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, Jason.
> Do you have an estimated time for this to be ready, this year, next year?

I'm hoping to have the hardcoded strings moved out of the staff client
by the start of this summer, after which we'll need to get the strings
translated and the staff client tested to ensure that everything works
as expected. Of course, if other people were to join in and help, it
would all go much faster :)

You can follow along on the progress I'm making with the staff client
at http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:customizations:i18n:staff_client_progress

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University

Katty Lin

Apr 8, 2008, 12:29:07 PM4/8/08
to everg...@googlegroups.com
Dan,
We have programmers here in the US but do not know Chinese.
I assume they are not helpful to this project.
Katty

十年樹木,百年樹人,眾志成城,欣欣向榮

Dan Scott

Apr 8, 2008, 12:37:28 PM4/8/08
to everg...@googlegroups.com
On 08/04/2008, Katty Lin <link...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan,
> We have programmers here in the US but do not know Chinese.
> I assume they are not helpful to this project.
> Katty

Hi Katty:

Actually, all that I'm doing is replacing hardcoded strings with XML
entities (for XUL strings) or function calls (for JavaScript strings).
It's not a glamorous task, but it can't really be automated, and it
does require a basic understanding of JavaScript and XML.

So maybe your programmers could help out - a few days of dedicated
work on this task would certainly go a long way! If someone is
interested in helping out, they can contact me here or on the
#openils-evergreen IRC channel on freenode.