June-July and beyond

Eventyr

Jun 18, 2008, 5:06:01 PM6/18/08
to Eventyr
Ok, so on June 15th we talked about a few things that I want to get
down on
paper (at least, digital paper).
First due to Ragnarok and JAFAX there won't be practice on the 22nd.
Then
due to Ragnarok and Boy Scouts we won't have practice on the 29th. So
that
gives us almost 3 weeks to do some things that we talked about. Namely
get
costumes ready, figure out more about locations we can use for our
"event",
scenarios, etc. I'm going to try and get a weapon checking template
built
off the instructions on the website unless someone else can get one
from
another chapter at Ragnarok or can otherwise get us one somehow.
Next I want some rank worked out. I was kind of thinking belt sashes,
like
if you're capable of heralding you get a yellow chapter badge to hand
from
your belt- or something along those lines. Or at least to that effect.
Maybe
chapter wide ranks or whatever. I would like to have this implimented
prior
to the event so we can hand out tokens to people at the event.
Hamish said he's do a banner or symbol or something for the chapter.
That
would be great even if it's just something he can bring to Ragnarok.
If it's just a day long event I might be able to get a bigger field
here in
spring lake we can use. Advantage to being in the Spring Lake/Grand
Haven
area is that we can advertise more locally, and hopefully pull in
some
bigger local numbers to start playing. However the issues or smoking
and
drinking might be a bit more of an issue than if we go up to the lot
we
talked about earlier. Something to think about.
July 6th will be our next practice, so hopefully we can be ready for
the
event by then, so we can work out when we'll do it, how big we want to
go,
etc.
Before I forget, I should mention that when Brett goes back to school
I'm
going to be making him set up a splinter of the chapter at college
(it's
about an hour and a half away). So next summer we can run another
event and
have it be even bigger and better for the future of Eventyr.
So I'm going to make some extra box swords for him to take up and some
favor
tokens or badges or whatever we deside to do can go with him to
bestow.
Although some we might have to withhold to make them come to an
Eventyr
event to gain.