New book update released

Alberto Brandolini

Aug 23, 2019, 11:08:27 AM8/23/19
to EventStorming
Hi Everyone,

after a few days of hard work in stealth mode, I've released an updated version of the book. Here are the most important changes

  1. There are three new chapters in the process modeling format. I've outlined the principles of collaborative modeling, the nuances of the color grammar and some dynamics which are relevant during a modeling session. There is still space for improvement, but the next weeks of my calendar are not a good match for perfectionism. So I preferred to release now, and fine-tune later, whenever possible.
  2. I ported the chapter about deriving bounded contexts from the big picture, that was originally included in "15 Years of DDD". The porting was quick because the content is relevant and belongs here, but the narrative should be improved (some duplications and gaps).
  3. I killed some chapters. Some just had the content under a different organization, some were not relevant anymore. Expect some more killings in the next weeks.
  4. I've run a lot of fine-tuning and improvements in readability. Basically everywhere. Maybe somebody will notice them. :-)

Well, many of the old holes are still there, I haven't been cleaning *everything* so there are still good reasons to be disappointed, but the point is: is this better than the previous version? I'd say yes.

I thank again all of you for the patience and the support. Hope you enjoy the new content. By the way, here is the link: https://leanpub.com/introducing_eventstorming

Have a nice weekend and a nice reading.

Alberto