Big Picture => When You don't have enough time

Yves Lorphelin

Oct 31, 2019, 6:36:13 AM10/31/19
to EventStorming
From a discussion on de ddd-cqrs-Es slack
about not being able to manage to plan enough time for a Big Picture

Sometimes the situation arises that the planned time is not enough .
Let's say 2->4 hours instead of a full day
The point that I arrive to is mostly walking the timeline
I do have a sense of what value there are, and some hotspots that the business cares about.

What I  do mostly , is walking the timeline myself avoiding the people do it,
for the sake of doing it fast enough ,  but asking questions & checking it's correct with the persons involved in a certain area.

While doing that I add new red stickies  (with a dot) and remove some
The dotted red stickies are then my cues for later discussions.

Sometimes, though , the people do engage & tell the story themselves... but then they don't care about the time anymore :-)

Does it make sense?
Good idea ?