Fwd: [Notes] Film Screening and Visual Storytelling Workshop with Masa and Tihana | Maraa | 6:30 pm | Weekend

1 visning

Mayank Rungta

oläst,
5 juli 2018 08:53:412018-07-05
till WhazzupBuddies, whazzu...@yahoogroups.com, eventsb...@googlegroups.com, MiXeLs
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: e <ek...@maraa.in>
Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Subject: [Notes] Film Screening and Visual Storytelling Workshop with Masa and Tihana | Maraa | 6:30 pm | Weekend
To: no...@lists.maraa.in

'I Realized I Never Wrote You A Letter, Mom'
Screening and Conversation with Masa Hilcisin

6th July | 630-830 pm | Friday | Maraa Terrace | 60 minutes | English Subtitles

We received a warm email from Masa, who told us she is keen to collaborate with us for a month on our gender work. She is a researcher, activist, teacher, film maker based in Prague. Watching her film, made us realise how little we know about war and its affect at a personal and political level. Her film traces several moments from her memory which are fragile and translucent, through the letter to her mother she is able to gracefully share it with us all- which she gracefully shares with us all?. Somehow we prefer believing war and violence is far from us, as long as we are not directly affected. The question is, are we really that far? And how far is far? We are grateful that Masa accepted to screen her film on the maraa terrace this weekend.

This is an experimental poetic documentary film, which traces my pre-war, war and post-war life in Bosnia. The film’s narrative reveals and explores some of the most painful parts of my life: from growing up during the war in the former Yugoslavia, separations, violence, to the loss of my mother. Real footage, stop-motion, still images, letters and excerpts from my war diaries were used in the film. There are no particular armies mentioned, nor countries nor villages nor cities.

asa Hilcisin is a PhD graduate in Film Studies and Audiovisual Culture from Masaryk University in Czech Republic. She is a film maker and an activist working for regional media and feminist networks. She is a curator and facilitator for several important festivals around the issues of immigration, gender and queer politics. She runs the Creative Media Production Programme at Prague Film School. She is currently collaborating with Maraa on our work around fighting sexual violence.

***

THIN LINES | VISUAL STORYTELLING WORKSHOP
7th & 8th July | Saturday and Sunday | 10 am- 5 pm
Hurry! Limited seats.

This creative workshop is designed to promote space for personal storytelling and to offer a variety of visual tools for exploring, and expressing personal stories and/or personal events around experiences of sexual harassment, abuse and violence on campus and in public space. Participants will be encouraged to show important tiny details and everyday events in the context of unblocking perceptions, exploring old symbols, collating to make visible and sharing private inner selves, as well as to express forbidden subjects. During the workshop, participants will be encouraged to explore visual grammar, abstract language, and many aspects of selves. Participants will work with a variety of visual media from photos to collages, to videos.The workshop will be led by:

Masa Hilcisin is a PhD graduate in Film Studies and Audiovisual Culture from Masaryk University in Czech Republic. She is a film maker and an activist working for regional media and feminist networks. She is a curator and facilitator for several important festivals around the issues of immigration, gender and queer politics. She runs the Creative Media Production Programme at Prague Film School.

Tihana Valent started her journey as an artist with experimental theater group Theatre de femmes in Zagreb, Croatia. She works as video and installation art around the themes of memory, time, construction and deconstruction. Currently, she has been teaching yoga and mindfulness to children with cancer and performing in hospital children wards in Prague as a hospital clown. At present Tihana’s personal art expression is focusing on free form analogue photography.

OPEN for students, faculty, facilitators, parents and any others.
Those interested, email your name, age, phone number and your interest in the initiative to anga...@maraa.in

Call 9880159484 for more details.
Only 6 seats left, register soon.

Registration Fees of Rs. 300/- towards production costs. Concessions can be considered.
Spread the word. All are welcome.

*Thin Lines is an initiative of Radio in a Purse, which is a forum for students to share, listen, discuss and engage on matters of harassment and discrimination on campus, at home and in public spaces. RIP uses audio, video, text and storytelling in bring out real and fictional accounts of lived experiences and views around sexual harassment, desire, gender and sexuality. RIP is an independent, non-funded initiative supported by students, faculty members and other individuals who are keen on deepening conversations around sexual harassment and abuse. watch this space.

मयंक  रुंगटा
--

#MustWatch A Blade of Grass - an amazing talk by Anju Venkat

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra
0 nya meddelanden