Server-side SNI functionality implementation in eventmachine

Venkatachalam Subramanian

Apr 13, 2018, 5:57:11 PM4/13/18
to EventMachine
Hello All,

I'm using eventmachine with evma_httpserver in my application to host a HTTPS server on top of the eventmachine.

I have a need now to make the HTTPS server supply two different certificates - I've been looking into SNI (Server Name Identification) for the same.
However, I'm having a hard time understanding the server-side implementation of SNI within eventmachine.

I believe I'll have to use/override a callback method as part of the server-side SNI implementation, to determine which server certificate to be sent to the client for each request received. I'm not able to determine the callback method / the workflow based on the source code or documentations for eventmachine.

Any insight into this would be very helpful!

Gem Versions:
eventmachine => 1.2.0.1
eventmachine_httpserver => 0.2.1

Thank You,