Getting info on new Attendee through webhook

AF AF

May 26, 2021, 5:53:55 AM5/26/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi! I am a little confused as to how I am supposed to implement this. I am using the official SDK.

I have a webhook for `attendee.updated` action. In this webhook I get the `user_id`.
I am trying to create a local attendee object with all the data from eventbrite.

When I receive the webhook with `attendee.updated` I want to get the data on that attendee, most importantly flags like Attending, Cancelled, etc.

I get the `user_id` in the webhook, how do I check if the user is an attendee of this event efficiently?
I know there is a `get_user_orders()` method in SDK but I do not need all of the orders for that user, just the orders for my event.

What is the best way to get the data I want?

AF AF

May 26, 2021, 7:07:06 AM5/26/21
to Eventbrite Developers

So my question is how do I get from `user_id` that I receive in the webhook to the `attendee_id`. I have the list of all attendees I am just not sure how to get to the correct attendee efficiently

nata...@eventbrite.com

Jun 3, 2021, 12:05:14 PM6/3/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello!

The `user_id` in the webhook notification payload is your `user_id` as the event owner, rather than the attendee's `user_id`.

For the `attendee_id`, you will want to instead look at the "api_url" provided in the payload: "https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/event_id/attendees/attendee_id/"

Webhooks are meant to notify you when the action(s) you selected take place and provide you the endpoint you can call to fetch the data. For more information about using Eventbrite webhooks, please check out our documentation here: Using Webhooks

Best,
Natalie