Trouble Pulling Event Page Description for Events With Multiple Dates

Corey William Schneider

Oct 21, 2021, 8:23:23 AM10/21/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Eventbrite,

In the early days of Eventbrite's system revamp 1-2 years ago, which displays full event pages from my eventbrite account, my developers had to do some additional work as only the text from the teaser box was coming through. They were eventually able to grab the text from the rest of the description.

Example:

However, I just noticed that when creating an event page with multiple dates, which I haven't done before, my site wasn't able to pull in the text:

My developer responded: "The description of every event we get from an eventbrite API, We get structured content from that call and in structured content we get modules. We interpret modules and get descriptions from them. In the events you've mentioned that description is missing, modules are missing from that event. that's why we can't get a description from it."

Can you assist on what I can advise to them to be able to properly bring in the rest of the event's description?

Thank You,
Corey

Natalie Blikslager

Oct 27, 2021, 5:05:29 PM10/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Corey!

What is the API call your developer is making to grab an event's description, so I can try to reproduce the issue?

I am seeing that if I make either of the following requests, the event description is returned:
With repeating events, such as Inside the Members-Only New York Society Library, NYC's Oldest Library, the parent event page has an event ID and each date or time slot has an event ID as well.

The event ID I included in the request URLs above (185840302347) is specifically for the Saturday, Nov 6 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM CDT instance. I made the following requests with the parent event ID (185810763997) as well and the event description is returned:
Let me know what you find out! Thanks!
Natalie

Corey William Schneider

Oct 28, 2021, 11:08:07 AM10/28/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your message. My developer responded with the following:

We are using the following api to get descriptions for the events.