Universal Link in IOS - no token response

Kleavant James

Aug 27, 2021, 1:04:10 AM8/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
We setup a redirect url, https://digdeep.sanspaper.com/callback for IOS, but it doesn't return any responses.

We already setup the AASA (apple-app-site-association) on our webserver, and digdeep.sanspaper.com domain is working fine. path /callback also exists.

We are wondering what are we lacking, since there is no error found, it just doesn't have any response

Kleavant James

Aug 29, 2021, 11:25:41 PM8/29/21
to Eventbrite Developers
We manage to work on the universal Link, but the remaining bug is this..

[Error: invalid_request: client_secret: This field is required.
client_id: This field is required.]

We are using react-native-app-auth and our current config is this

serviceConfiguration: {
},
clientId: 'ASJX2NSZ6LT5IMDKF2',
clientSecret: 'E3DU2STGPBWIHSUYNGT7QNKQDOTR3WIJ4SO3OI7FRWCDSCBUDS',
clientAuthMethod: 'post',
issuer: '',
scopes: [],

It keeps saying client_secret is required. client_id is required, even though we provided it, ANDROID works perfectly fine.

Kleavant James

Aug 30, 2021, 12:11:20 AM8/30/21
to Eventbrite Developers
digdeep-oauth.png
Tested using postman, client_secret is not in request body, event though we added it.

Marcus van Enk (sans paper)

Sep 6, 2021, 11:30:12 PM9/6/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Eventbrite Developers,
Can you please assist with this one? Has anyone else resolved this one?

Natalie Blikslager

Sep 17, 2021, 12:38:44 PM9/17/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and thank you for your patience. Given that Android is working properly, the issue is likely to do with your settings for iOS, which we unfortunately cannot advise on.

To troubleshoot, I recommend manually passing the `client_secret` as "client_secret" rather than "clientSecret" in Postman. If this works, it tells us that "clientSecret" in your config is not being transformed into "client_secret" for the request. You may also find it helpful, for further debugging, to confirm the requests via Charles Proxy.

Best,
Natalie