Checkin In API

Augustine Correa

Jun 14, 2017, 6:28:10 PM6/14/17
to Eventbrite API
1. I'm trying to checkin an attendee using the v3 API  but I cant see to find an endoint that can do this...can you please confirm?
2. Also making a call to the Events endpoint, i only get a single barcode and a unitary checkin field....even though the attendee has multiple tickest and I personally checked that person on those multiple tickets ....how can i get the info that these tickets were checked in and importantlt the timestamp of those checkins?

Vincent G

Jul 24, 2017, 12:03:29 PM7/24/17
to Eventbrite API
I am also wondering if this is possible. can anyone shed some light?

Hernán Cussi

Jul 26, 2017, 10:04:08 PM7/26/17
to Eventbrite API
1. There is not any endpoint that allow you to do that at the moment. You could use the web organiser page, or any of the mobile apps.
2. Do you mind share with me the event public id and attendee id or attendee email? So, I can take a look at that and have a better understanding.

Thanks

Vincent G

Jul 26, 2017, 10:10:59 PM7/26/17
to Eventbrite API
Are there any plans on adding the ability to programmatically checkin attendees?
I understand that EventBrite has their own app and they want to push clients to use that but in a lot of cases there are custom requirements that the EventBrite app can't do, those kind of API calls are crucial in order to fully be able to manage the event brite events and attendees list.

Hernán Cussi

Jul 28, 2017, 8:54:07 PM7/28/17
to Eventbrite API
Sorry, there is not any plan to do it in the near future. Do you mind share your requirements so I can make a case of it and maybe in a future we could add a checkin endpoint and limit it for some particular API_KEY, like yours for consideration. Thanks

Vincent G

Aug 4, 2017, 1:27:01 PM8/4/17
to Eventbrite API
We use eventbrite and we have our own proprietary software where we keep records of the attendees, it'll be helpful if we can checkin a person from our software (manually from a laptop) and see their other information as well, we use this mostly to print badges for some of the attendees and sponsors.

I understand EventBrite has their Organizer app and that's one of the biggest reasons why this type of API calls are not available (they want to push usage to their App vs. companies developing their own) but as a business owner sometimes you can't just rely on an app that is provided to you, you have other requirements that need and should be handled internally. Eventbrite is great and it'll be a shame to stop the use of it but if we can't do what we as a company need because of EB limitation we ultimately will seek a solution elsewhere, which will be a shame since EB makes life a lot easier.

Needless to say that i looked at the organizer app calls and as i thought EB sends what seems to be binary or blob data to their API for checkin attendees, this is to prevent people (like myself) from figuring out what the API calls are for attendees and checkin.

We are a large company that has shows in Europe and Vegas and we really don't want to lose the partnership with EventBrite.

I've already asked our event director to contact our account manager over at EB regarding this but usually they just refer us to the API team.

Let me know if we can take this conversation off google groups to see if we can come up with a solution for this. we really need to have something in place for next year.

Thank You.

Hernán Cussi

Aug 7, 2017, 8:45:21 AM8/7/17
to Eventbrite API
Thanks Vincent for providing this useful info. I will send this directly to my project manager, we might or not have this in our road map in the near future. But thanks for taking the time to share with me your requirements,

Thanks!

dba...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 10:45:36 AM8/21/17
to Eventbrite API
I've had to write a custom application that does this function. Unfortunately should Eventbrite change the url format it'll break but it worked for my events so far. Send the url www.eventbrite.com/checkin_update?eid=<event id>&attendee=<attendeeid>&quantity=1

To checkout replace 1 with 0

Sean Callanan

Nov 17, 2017, 8:08:43 PM11/17/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi,

Is it possible to do this through a command line program.  I've written a script in Python but when I try to call request the url I get redirected to an authentication page.

Hernán Cussi

Nov 22, 2017, 8:32:31 AM11/22/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello Sean, sorry, it's not possible yet. Thanks

Ralf Richter

Nov 25, 2020, 2:56:16 PM11/25/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Hey,
this is an older topic - but i'm also trying to solve that.
How do you manage login?
The default response is the Login Website of Eventbrite.
Thanks and best regards
Ralf

Natalie Blikslager

Dec 1, 2020, 4:06:11 PM12/1/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Ralf,

This is not currently documented functionality of our public API.

Best,
Natalie

SMPTE MTL

Oct 30, 2023, 7:32:37 PM10/30/23
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello, how do you perform check in through the API ?

Maxime Boissonneault

Nov 17, 2023, 1:18:29 PM11/17/23
to Eventbrite Developers
We also want to be able to check-in / check-out attendees through the API.

Please add this as a feature request.