API Enable Waitlist

Rockler Companies

Aug 25, 2021, 1:45:23 PM8/25/21
to Eventbrite Developers
The last comment I see on this subject is from 2018 so I figure I'd re-ping it.

We're looking to enable the waitlist for an event via the API. It is alluded to in the docs for the event create (https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/api#/reference/event/create/create-an-event) but errors when attempting to post to that variable.

The last comment says that it is not an available endpoint and there is also a feature request for it. I'm wondering if there is any traction on the subject.

Alex

nata...@eventbrite.com

Sep 2, 2021, 2:18:04 PM9/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Alex!

At this time, it is unfortunately not possible to enable the waitlist via our API.

As a workaround, you can enable the waitlist for an event in-product, then copy the event via our API. When you copy the event via our API, the waitlist settings for the original event will copy over to the new event.

I hope this option can be helpful for you!

Thanks,
Natalie