Private events pulling through the API.

Jose Antonio Lopez Ruiz

Oct 1, 2020, 7:02:01 AM10/1/20
to Eventbrite Developers
I only use the API to retrieve events not create.

I have noticed recently that private events ( see image below) are now pulling through the API ( I believe this wasn't the case before)

how can I change this behaviour? I.E: Stop private events pulling through the API.

( I have read all docs but I can't see any information)

Thanks

Houston Krohman

Oct 1, 2020, 9:54:26 PM10/1/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Our API returns all the events (private and public) that an API key has owner level permissions for. To return only public events, you can use a query parameter to filter events by the boolean value of the 'listed' property: "/v3/organizations/:id/events/?listed=false

Another alternative is to use an API key from an account that does not own those events. In that case it will return only the public events for that Organization

Cheers