Post-purchase redirect broken

Ante Vukorepa

Oct 1, 2020, 1:30:06 PM10/1/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi,

About a year ago, we've reported a bug in the post-purchase redirect URL handling. Namely, when using a ticket purchase embed (specifically), the URL of the following form:

would yield in a redirect to a verbatim URL instead of to a URL with $event_id and $order_id tokens replaced by the actual values (which normally works when using non-embed).

The response we got back then was:

"We are currently working on embedded checkout redirects and I hope to see this issue resolved sooner than later. I don't have a timeline on when a resolution may hit our production product. I know there are quite a few people with in the company keeping a close eye on this and are working with our engineers to make sure this happens as quickly as we can."

Recently, we've received reports of another, similar issue from our clients - this time around, it's the PayPal checkouts specifically that break the redirect flow, and instead of the tokens not being parsed and replaced with values, the whole redirect is broken.

We've replied to the original year old thread we had going with your support, but got an auto responder directing us to this forum. So here we are :)

Regards,
Ante Vukorepa
Sched LLC.

Houston Krohman

Oct 1, 2020, 9:46:44 PM10/1/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Thanks for circling back on this Ante. This feature was re-implemented in the updated embedded checkout code. If it's still not working for you, please let me know the details of your implementation so we can determine if there is still a bug or something we can fix in your implementation

Ante Vukorepa

Oct 12, 2020, 11:36:39 AM10/12/20
to Eventbrite Developers
In that case, it seems PayPal checkouts are a separate / new issue.
The PayPal's checkout flow seems to break the post-order redirect completely (it never triggers).