Paypal Transaction Information

Chris Turner

Sep 26, 2021, 2:13:47 AM9/26/21
to Eventbrite Developers
we are trying to use the EventBrite API to matchup our paypal transaction data for events.
It is common for people to use a business account with a different email address, than the one they signed up for the ticket, this makes it hard to resolve the accounts and attendance.

I notice that eventbrite sends two IDs to paypal.
The Item ID it sends is the same as the ticket class id,
the custom number I cannot find anywhere in the data. What is that unique number ? Is there anywhere I can find it in the data so I can locate the correct order/attendee ?

I've checked events, orders, attendees ..etc

Thanks

Chris Turner

Natalie Blikslager

Sep 28, 2021, 1:09:34 PM9/28/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Chris!

A PayPal transaction ID isn't retrievable via our API, unfortunately. It sounds like this is the other ID you are referring to.

We have a feature request open for this functionality and I will add you as a +1! If you let me know about your app and use case, I can include those details in the feature request as well.

Best,
Natalie