Registrations Canceled via API Calls from Eventbrite

Brent Dornbos

Jan 14, 2021, 9:38:39 AM1/14/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Good Morning -

We do multiple events a year with Eventbrite registration and we've been linking our Eventbrite registration to our Zoom account through Eventbrite.

We've had numerous individuals receive cancelation notices from Zoom telling the individual's registration has been canceled without our team actually canceling them from the event. They still show up in Eventbrite and are not canceled. I reached out to Zoom and their engineers have concluded that the registrations were canceled via an API call from Eventbrite. Please see their note below:

Our engineers have concluded their investigations and have found that the users you listed for us had their registrations canceled via an API call from Eventbrite.

All of the occurrences we are seeing of this issue (across multiple users) have involved Eventbrite. Engineering has advised that you verify your configuration in Eventbrite and reach out to their staff about the issue, as we've determined from our side that their API calls are responsible for the deletion of users from your registration list.

How ean I work with Eventbrite to determine what is causing this challenge and how to fix it moving forward? Please let me know what other information is necessary.

Thank you!
Brent Dornbos
Chicago Association of REALTORS

Eventbrite Developers

Jan 19, 2021, 3:32:01 PM1/19/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Brent,
Thank you so much for taking the time to report this issue and sorry to hear the distress it caused you. We are investigating and working to address the issue as quickly as possible!

Best,
Donna