First long gaps between webhook firing, now webhook went missing??

Stephanie Hutson

Mar 25, 2021, 10:01:49 PM3/25/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Good evening, two things.

First: For the last few weeks we had been having trouble with the order.placed webhook. There would be gaps of 20 hours or more where the webhook was just not firing, and when it started up again, the orders that were missed were not backed up.

Second: When I went to check on the webhook today, it no longer existed. It had existed as recently as a couple days ago. Could it have somehow been deleted somehow? I am the only person at the company who does anything with the webhooks or the API

As a result of the webhook having gone missing, I created a new one to hit the endpoint, but I'm still very concerned that he webhook isn't firing when a new order is created, this is key to our business to register participants.

There were very large gaps between the webhooks firing, notice the 24h 18 minute gap between requests between 3/15 and 3/16. During that time 109 people had signed up to our event.
Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 6.58.34 PM.png
FYI: The 408 timeout requests don't indicate a failure on our side, our system does a fair amount before responding to eventbrite. I am surprised it doesn't make a second attempt though.

Thank you

Eventbrite Developers

Mar 26, 2021, 3:59:22 PM3/26/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out. I'll contact you directly to obtain more information about your use case and what you're experiencing so that we can investigate further.

Best,
Donna

sim...@thebutterflyclub.com

Apr 4, 2021, 5:30:25 AM4/4/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Stephanie,

We are experiencing a similar issue with regards to unexplained 408s and one of our webhooks randomly disappearing. In our case too, registering a new webhook to replace the one that disappeared still left us with random 408s popping up that we can't explain from our end.

While we wait for the Eventbrite team to respond, do you have any more insight in how to make those 408s go away? We are at a loss since our logs don't show any meaningful inconsistency in response time, and also scratching our head noticing that Eventbrite never seems to re-attempt a 408.

We did discover that after any webhooks errors out ~12 times the system stops sending anything for 24 hours.

Best,
Simone