General questions on Eventbrite API

Florian Villaumé

Jun 12, 2021, 9:46:00 AM6/12/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Good morning,

I am building a website to curate some upcoming events happening for a specific group of people and I am using the Eventbrite API to do so. People will be redirected to the Eventbrite website to book their ticket.

A few questions for you:
  • In the API Terms of Use, you use the term "applications" as to how the API should be used. Can we use it for a website as well?
  • I am building the terms and conditions section, do you have any templates or examples of websites that match your criteria? I want to make sure to meet your requirements.
  • What can I share on my website to promote each event without infringing copyright? Name of the event? Description? Date/time? Cost? Organizer name? Event picture? (not the image, just the link towards the picture shared on each Eventbrite page)
Thank you very much,

nata...@eventbrite.com

Jun 17, 2021, 7:23:35 PM6/17/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Florian!

Thank you for explaining your intended use for our API and taking these matters into consideration.

You can definitely use our API for a website! Regarding the terms and conditions section of your website, please see section 3.4 Responsibility of the API Terms of Use:

You are solely responsible for your Application and any use of your Application by Users. Among other things, this means that you are responsible for maintaining your own user agreement and privacy policy for users of your Application and complying with those policies. Your user agreement must permit you and the users of your Application to comply with the Terms of Service, including without limitation, these API Terms and Eventbrite's Privacy Policy. Your privacy policy must be at least as protective of Personal Data as Eventbrite's Privacy Policy. In general, we expect you to be thoughtful and considerate and not abuse our Users' data.

"Application" in the above statement is inclusive of websites. If you'd like to check out examples, in general, of companies using our API, I recommend having a look at the companies mentioned on our API Overview page here! As for avoiding copyright infringement, it is best to review the Community Guidelines and Eventbrite Trademark & Copyright Policy.

I hope this is helpful and you have a good weekend!

Best,
Natalie