New UI update making issue While create new event from API

It Expert

Feb 21, 2019, 5:14:50 AM2/21/19
to Eventbrite API
Hi Support,

As you know you updated the UI but not update the API for new field "Summary". When I created new event using API , I passed description in description parameter but description value show in Summary field in Eventbrite event UI. Is there any parameter in API which used for Summary. As I checked again API I did not found see: http://prntscr.com/mo2z8q.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Nathan Tinius

Feb 21, 2019, 2:37:55 PM2/21/19
to Eventbrite API
Hi there,

There is an additional endpoint you will need to call in order to get the full description.

All the best!

It Expert

Feb 21, 2019, 11:55:38 PM2/21/19
to Eventbrite API
Hi,

You did not getting my point, https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/[event_id]/description/ this endpoint is used to retrieve the Description. But my query is when I posted the description from API its showing description in summary field in Eventbrite  dashboard. Why description not showing in description field, this is issue in new UI

Do you get my point, I asked thing point also in mail earlier.

Nathan Tinius

Feb 22, 2019, 8:03:37 AM2/22/19
to Eventbrite API
Hey,

I am sorry for the miss understanding. I now realize you are wanting to POST to https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/[event_id]/description/ to create a full description. This is a known issue at Eventbrite and I have reached out to our Engineering teams to find out where we stand here.

Thanks for your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience.
I will be sure to post here when I find out more.

It Expert

Feb 24, 2019, 11:19:26 PM2/24/19
to Eventbrite API
Thanks, I will wait your positive response.

Nathan Tinius

Feb 26, 2019, 8:20:20 AM2/26/19
to Eventbrite API
Hey There!

I have been talking to the team and we are working on a solution for this.

The survey field is still new and not available globally... Our team is looking into fixing this issue as quickly as is possible while also setting up the method for long term success.

We will make an announcement on the forum in "Announcements" when we have fixed the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
All the best!

Nathan

It Expert

Feb 26, 2019, 11:57:19 PM2/26/19
to Eventbrite API
Hi

Thanks for your efforts, But As I am working from last three month on API I found many errors, As you remembered you told me API rate limit is 48k per day, But Its not worked as.
I just posting 10 event in hour means, 240 events in a day. but still facing issue. Issue is events are posting in draft successfully, when I trying to move draft events into Live is through error "Error processing event". only 50 events are successfully moved to live from draft in day.

Can you explain me why this happening with API?

Thanks

Nathan Tinius

Feb 27, 2019, 9:27:54 AM2/27/19
to Eventbrite API
It sounds like you are running into pagination issues.

It Expert

Feb 27, 2019, 11:39:30 PM2/27/19
to Eventbrite API
Hi

How it is pagination issues, pagination used to get records in limits, But I am posting the event to live. I have 2700 draft events in my database with there ID, I just using event ID in this endpoint to make event live see: https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/event_id/publish/

Do you think in this process any pagination issues will happened?

I have draft events ID and want to published using endpoint and In documentation of published event they did not mentioned about pagination, the event posted with pagination process

Please explain in brief with correct reason, The Eventbrite API consuming time to simple things, Not worked as they mentioned.

Thanks

Nathan Tinius

Feb 28, 2019, 8:02:36 AM2/28/19
to Eventbrite API
How are you going about getting the draft event_ids to publish?

It Expert

Feb 28, 2019, 8:06:53 AM2/28/19
to Eventbrite API
Hi

When events are posting on draft API return the object where we have event id, I am using that ID to published the Events

It Expert

Feb 28, 2019, 8:08:41 AM2/28/19
to Eventbrite API
I have all records in my database related to Venues ID and Events ID, When I created any venue or event I storing the data into my server database