Leveraging API for Attendee Info Search

Khari Williams

Aug 28, 2021, 11:01:20 PM8/28/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Is there a way to use the Get: Retrieve an Attendee based on first name, last name? In the request URL it mentions attendee id which isn't easy to remember so was hoping there was a solution where first name and last name can be used in the url to search for the attendee. 404 is ok if there is not a match.

Is it also possible to get specific information from the response? Right now the json contains all information about the attendee but in the sample request there didn't seem to be options for looking for specific data pieces.

Goal of the API is just to allow for easier searching than leveraging a spreadsheet and being able to quickly find the information on an attendee. Spreadsheets work with find and replace but not always the cleanest.

nata...@eventbrite.com

Sep 7, 2021, 3:50:22 PM9/7/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Khari!

While there is no option to retrieve an attendee based on their first name and/or last name, you can retrieve Orders for an Event or Organization based on email address and include the Attendees expansion in your request to see attendee data for the Order objects returned.

To accomplish this, use the 'only_emails' parameter and 'attendees' expansion in your request to:
Or
At this time, there isn't a way to only request certain data fields from an object. To get specific information from the JSON response, you will need to parse it.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Natalie

b...@perciaccante.net

Oct 6, 2021, 8:49:15 AM10/6/21
to Eventbrite Developers
I feel your pain in this regard - I have been using the API to sync the attendees to a local sqlite database so I can search it that way.... Just a suggestion.