Issues with Webhook on order.refunded

Pavel Sushko

Jul 15, 2021, 4:22:27 PM7/15/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello fellow Eventbrite devs,

I'm currently having an issue where for some reason, once my team issues a refund the Webhook isn't triggered. For context: we are a municipality and the event we had organized was geared towards our residents only, whenever someone who isn't a resident signed up, we refunded their tickets. Not once did the Webhook trigger our API in those times, had no problems doing it on order.placed events.

If anyone has ever run into this issue, or has an idea why this is happening, please feel free to respond (My guess is that order.refunded is made for when the person ordering requests a refund)

Thanks,
Pavel Sushko

nata...@eventbrite.com

Jul 23, 2021, 5:40:09 PM7/23/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Pavel!

The "order.refunded" action will trigger a webhook when a paid order is refunded or a free order is cancelled, but it will not trigger if a free order is deleted. If this is the case for you, you can enable the "order.updated" action for your webhook and it will trigger if a free order is deleted.

If your webhook was not triggering for refunded paid orders or cancelled free orders, please let me know your webhook ID and I will investigate further!

Best,
Natalie

Pavel Sushko

Jul 27, 2021, 4:15:32 PM7/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
I just went ahead and tested it out by cancelling an order, and I don't see any new Webhook requests. It's been a solid 3-4 minutes now.

Pavel Sushko

Jul 27, 2021, 4:26:31 PM7/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
I have both order.refunded and order.updated turned on on my Webhook.

Here's a screenshot. The previous requests are older requests, they were simply tests.
2021-07-27 16_22_55-Window.png

Pavel Sushko

Jul 28, 2021, 9:09:00 AM7/28/21
to Eventbrite Developers
To add to the problem, I had an order on my event at 8:52 PM EST yesterday, and my Webhook didn't send any requests. I have double checked, receiving API is on and waiting, and in the Webhook details page there have been no new events.

Pavel Sushko

Jul 28, 2021, 9:52:38 AM7/28/21
to Eventbrite Developers
From what I understand it seems like I have been blocked because of too many 408 errors, which makes sense as my API takes longer than 3 seconds. It seems like the API I am using also doesn't support asynchronous functionality so I can't make it return a 200 before timeout. What can I do?