"Add Location of Event" not populating or accepting answer

socia...@cfcnca.org

Sep 10, 2020, 9:59:08 AM9/10/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Summarize Problem:
Hello!

Under "Manage Events" > "Invite and Promote" > "Add to Facebook", I have connected a Facebook account, accepted all permissions, selected my admin-run Facebook page, but in the last part before a user can continue, you need to add a location under "help people find your event on Facebook."

I start typing a city name, "Washington," and nothing generates under the suggested pop-up. I finish typing the name, and it doesn't accept it. It simply says "No matches found." IC an't continue, so therefore, I can't finalize adding the Event to Facebook without being able to continue.

What have you already tried?
I have attempted on 3 different devices. Disconnected and reconnected my Facebook account. Cleared history, cache, and cookies. Tried incognito window. (Google Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer).

Describe the expected results:
Would like it to accept "Washington, D.C." so I can Continue with the process of linking it to Facebook.

Thanks!

Antonio Lombardi

Sep 11, 2020, 8:57:38 AM9/11/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi, thank you for posting here. This is a forum for API Developers. However, we are aware of a bug with Adding to Facebook through Eventbrite and the location field throwing an error. We're actively working to resolve as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, there is not a workaround right now while using our Add to Facebook functionality. However, you can create a Facebook separately and add your Eventbrite event page directly to the Facebook event.

Val Boston, IV

Feb 27, 2021, 2:39:24 PM2/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
This started working again and now it's not again.  Please fix the patch.