Eventbrite Webhooks not firing on Event Update event

Albert Albala

Oct 10, 2021, 9:45:28 AM10/10/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi,

I am expecting an eventbrite webhook to fire when I update an existing event. Here is what I did:

* Open a new incognito window
* Log into https://www.eventbrite.ca (the system automatically redirects me to the .ca domain because my IP address is in Canada, I imagine.)
* The system asks me to select my "organization". There is one under my name, and one under my client's name; I choose the one with my client's name.
* This leads me to my Webhook overview page. There is one webhook. I click "Test"
* Confirm that my website responds with a 200 OK code to my test request.
* Confirm that my webhook is set to "Events: All, Action: event.created, Action: event.updated"
* Confirm that my organization's name appears in the account info at the upper-right of the screen
* Find an event I want to edit, then in the vertical-three-dot menu at its right, select "Edit" in the menu
* Click on the "Details" tab
* Modify the description, click Save
* Confirm the event saves correctly
* Click "Details" next to my Webhook
* **At this point I would expect the system to tell me that it just sent a webhook for the update event for my webhook, however, the last sent webhook was my test webhook**.

In the last step, how would I get Eventbrite to fire my webhook when I update events?

Albert Albala

Oct 15, 2021, 12:09:12 PM10/15/21
to Eventbrite Developers
There seems to have been a minutes-log delay before the webhooks page being update on eventbrite. This is working now.