How to fetch every event from the Eventbrite API

diegost...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2019, 11:25:21 AM9/9/19
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi all!

Summarize Problem:
I'm working on an app that syncs events from the Eventbrite API and stores them in the app's database (for reasons like faster retrieval, complex query logic, etc.)
and the thing that would greatly improve the app is if I could sync every event from Eventbrite using their API.
The problem arises due to the limits on Eventbrite's API, that only lets search events up to the 200th page (and max page size of 50 results).

What have you already tried?
The solution I developed so far to work around the limitation is to search for every state, city or region of the countries my app supports (hoping to "spread" the events in each location and not reach past the 200th page in any location)
and sync all the events the API gets me.

Describe the expected results:
With the current solution I'm getting around 30-40k events in total, while I'm sure Eventbrite, being one of the biggest ticketing websites, has many more events.

Is there a way to get 100% of their events? Any help will be really appreciated :)

Thank you!

diegost...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2019, 11:28:55 AM9/9/19
to Eventbrite Developers
Forgot to mention that the endpoint I'm currently using is /v3/events/search

Nathan Tinius

Sep 16, 2019, 4:23:14 PM9/16/19
to Eventbrite Developers
There is not a method for collecting 100% of Eventbrite events via the API that fits your use case. You will need to be more specific with your query. I suggest building out a place for users to notify your app of where they are looking for events, what kind of event they are looking for, etc. Make your API calls as specific as possible.

All the best!
Nathan