Embedded checkout and eventual consistency

Alex Magaz

Dec 7, 2021, 3:02:02 AM12/7/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi,

I'm integrating the embedded checkout in a web application. Once the user has finished the purchase, I want to get some data with the order id we get. The idea is to use this endpoint to get the barcodes form the attendees in the order object:

Can eventual consistency be a problem here? I mean, if I call the endpoint just after a user finishes a purchase, may I get a 404 or eventual consistency doesn't apply here?

Thanks,
Àlex

Natalie Blikslager

Dec 14, 2021, 7:14:11 PM12/14/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Alex!

You should have no trouble retrieving an order and attendees on the order just after the order has been placed.

You may also find it helpful to implement a webhook that triggers upon the `order.placed` action. If you're interested to learn more about using webhooks on Eventbrite, you can check out our documentation here!

Best,
Natalie