Embedded Waitlist Error (Woocommerce Integration)

Pim Hollander

Sep 8, 2021, 6:18:51 AM9/8/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi,

Since the update this spring we have experienced issues with the Embedded Waitlist in a Woocommerce Integration. In many cases, users get an error message.

This is the used code for the integration:

<!-- Noscript content for added SEO -->

<noscript><a href="https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fc-urban-vlc-frivie-1000-nou-doctubre-tickets-166295047965" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"></noscript>

<!-- You can customize this button any way you like -->

<button id="eventbrite-widget-modal-trigger-166295047965" type="button">Buy Tickets</button>

<script src="https://www.eventbrite.com/static/widgets/eb_widgets.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

    var exampleCallback = function() {

        console.log('Order complete!');

    };

    window.EBWidgets.createWidget({

        widgetType: 'checkout',

        eventId: '166295047965',

        modal: true,

        modalTriggerElementId: 'eventbrite-widget-modal-trigger-166295047965',

        onOrderComplete: exampleCallback

    });

</script>

Attached is the error message.

More info:

- no issues for some users (30%), no relation with type of browser;

- no issues with non-waitlist tickets

- issues since Eventbrite update beginning this year.

What should I do to get the waitlist working for everyone?

Thanks, Pim

Error_waiting list.jpeg

Natalie Blikslager

Sep 17, 2021, 1:02:40 PM9/17/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Pim!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and we're happy to look into it. Can you please provide a link to the page where your embedded checkout button is located, so we can investigate?

Looking forward to assisting!
Natalie

Pim Hollander

Sep 20, 2021, 11:15:17 AM9/20/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Natalie,

Thanks heaps for you answer. Yes, we've created a case on  spot 1_VLC_Polideportivo – FC Urban ES under the button 'Buy Tickets'.

We're very eager to hear your findings.

Pim

Natalie Blikslager

Sep 23, 2021, 12:02:47 PM9/23/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Pim,

Thanks for getting back to me with more information! I'm able to reproduce the error in Safari on mobile and I am filing a ticket to our Engineering team for more investigation. I will let you know if we have any additional questions for you and keep you posted on our findings.

In the meantime, I was able to successfully join the waitlist on my desktop. As a workaround, you can advise guests to join from their desktop or manually add guests to the waitlist by going to your event's Manage page (for the October 8th occurrence) > Order Options > Manage Waitlist > Add people to the waitlist.

Thank you for your patience!
Natalie

Pim Hollander

Sep 28, 2021, 7:25:35 AM9/28/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Natalie,

Any more questions you might have regarding the error, I am happy to answer.

Keep me posted.

Pim

Natalie Blikslager

Oct 5, 2021, 6:30:24 PM10/5/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Pim!

Thanks so much for your patience.

We found that it is expected for guests who do not have cookies enabled to experience this error. We are looking into potentially displaying a more helpful error message in these cases.

Attendees should be able to join your waitlist per usual in Chrome if they do not have any cookies blocked, or in Safari if they do not have cookies blocked AND are not preventing cross-site tracking.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Natalie

Pim Hollander

Oct 6, 2021, 10:48:06 AM10/6/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Natalie,

Thanks for finding out the where the 'error' lies.
Just to clarify: would the guests have to accept the cookies of our website fcurban.es or the cookies of Eventbrite? (or both)?

Pim