Custom scheme for OAuth Redirect URI

Harry Groover

Jun 24, 2021, 9:20:41 AM6/24/21
to Eventbrite Developers
We're trying to integrate our Xamarin Forms app with the Eventbrite API, but I'm struggling with trying to get the redirect to work properly. Normally the "OAuth Redirect URI" value would be something like "com.app_name.eventbrite://oauth2redirect", but trying to set this in Eventbrite complains that it doesn't start with http or https. I've tried redirecting from our webserver back to the custom URL, but that also seems to have it's own complications that prevent it from working.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found out how to make it work. Thanks.

nata...@eventbrite.com

Jul 9, 2021, 8:34:23 PM7/9/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Harry!

We do not allow for redirection to custom URI schemes at this time, so your OAuth Redirect URI will need to begin with http or https.

For more information about our app OAuth flow, see our guide here: App OAuth Flow

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes you!

Best,
Natalie