Missing Answers on Attendee API

Judah Okeleye

Jul 27, 2021, 7:46:39 PM7/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello,
I have tried GET request to get attendee answers to custom questions, but response does not always contain the answer for each question

What have you already tried?

"answers": [
{
"question": "Do you like ice cream?",
"type": "multiple_choice",
"question_id": "11111111"
},
{
"answer": "Twitter",
"question": "How did you hear about our show?",
"type": "multiple_choice",
"question_id": "11111112"
},

Describe the expected results:
I want to see an answer for every question

nata...@eventbrite.com

Aug 10, 2021, 8:22:27 PM8/10/21
to Eventbrite Developers

Hi Judah!

Thanks for reaching out and including these details!

In your response, a question without an answer means the attendee did not respond to the question. This can happen if a question is not required, or was not required at the time of the attendee's registration.

To check if a question is required, you can call https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/:event_id:/questions/:question_id:/ and see if "required" is true or false in your response. For more information about this request, check out our API reference here: Get Custom Question by Id

I hope this helps!

Best,
Natalie

Judah Okeleye