Using zapier to link to our CRM

Ritch Lim

Jul 30, 2021, 1:45:28 AM7/30/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi,

We're trying to retrieve a couple of details when a user completes an order.
We're trying to collect their answers in the checkout process.
But the reply from /v3/orders/ doesnt include the answers.
Which url do we use so we can get the questions?

Thanks!

Ritch Lim

Aug 2, 2021, 9:32:52 PM8/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Adding a bit more info.

We did a couple of test events where eventbrite would send webhooks to zapier.
On the first test event we configured; whenever someone registered for an event... eventbrite would send an attendee.update hook even when the registrant was new.
This worked for us as we were trying to retrieve the custom questions in as few hooks as possible.
However, on other events, eventbrite didn't send an attendee.updated hook when someone registered like in the first.
We could get an order.placed hook, but it wouldn't show the answers to the questions, and I dont think it returns the attendee id as well.

Thanks

Ritch Lim

Aug 4, 2021, 11:34:23 PM8/4/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi,

When I try to retrieve attendee information from an event using https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/{event_id}/attendees/
I get 'The app returned "ARGUMENTS_ERROR"' in zapier.
The same happens when I try to retrieve attendee information from the order via https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/orders/{order_id}/attendees/

is there an argument I'm missing? I've only changed the event id or order id in the url where appropriate and attached the authentication headers in zapier.

nata...@eventbrite.com

Aug 19, 2021, 2:27:17 PM8/19/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Ritch!

The best route is to set your webhook to trigger upon the action: `order.placed`. When the webhook triggers, the request payload will include the Order endpoint as the "api_url". You can then add the Attendees expansion to the provided endpoint when you call it, in order to receive attendee IDs and responses to questions.

Please see our API Reference for more information about the Order object and Attendee object! You can also find helpful information about using expansions with Eventbrite API and Webhooks documentation.

If you need further assistance configuring your zap, it will be best to reach out to Zapier Support.

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks,
Natalie