Can not set Webhook / 403 Forbidden

Ansgar

Jun 1, 2024, 11:04:52 AMJun 1
to Eventbrite Developers
Suddenly two issue appeared at the same time since May 28th, 2024
1. I can not create a new webhook in the Eventbrite user interface. The error message in the Eventbrite UI is: ' Your form was not saved. Please review the highlighted fields below.' and near the field 'Please enter a valid URL.'

We tried several URLs on different domains, at different geographical locations, without success. The only domain name that seems accepted is Zapier.com. Is there some kind of block set on our account?

2. Our existing webhooks start to give 403 Forbidden errors with no response in the header or body. When entering the webhooks in a browser or Postman, there is no error at all and  a normal response is provided. It looks like there is a block between Eventbrite and our server.

Our customer (event organisers) are eperiencing the same issues with the current webhooks.

I understood from other threats that the 403 Forbidden issue might be related to webhooks that give too many consequetive errors.  We are using this interface since 2016, can it be that some old event configuration is posting to our servers, and returning incorrect responses if they have a typo in the webhook? And if so, how do I know from which account this is initiated?

Or is this not related at all and something else is wrong?

Khaled

Jun 4, 2024, 12:00:10 AMJun 4
to Eventbrite Developers
I Face The Same Issue!

Dan Kinchen

Jun 4, 2024, 12:00:25 AMJun 4
to Eventbrite Developers

Did you get an answer to this? I now have this problem with all my webhooks.

Khaled

Jun 4, 2024, 12:00:31 AMJun 4
to Eventbrite Developers
I've have the same problem

Ansgar

Jun 4, 2024, 9:45:27 AMJun 4
to Eventbrite Developers
The normal support answered to me that they can only forward the problem internally as they do not provide API support, but I did not receive an answer. Also my clients submitted tickets. So far, no answer.

However, to me it looks like problems with the user interface within Eventbrite is not an API problem, but looks like a whitelisting issue. The funny part is that I can still configure webhooks to the domain zapier.com. But so far I can not point to any of my domains or servers. Considering that I have been using this functionality since 2015, it is very frustrating. I get the feeling there is now a 'whitelist' in place, without a procedure to get whitelisted.

@Eventbrite API support, please help!

Ansgar

Jun 4, 2024, 9:45:31 AMJun 4
to Eventbrite Developers
Good news: for me webhooks are now working again.

Not sure what contributed to getting this resolved, and if posting in this group was the best way of bringing it to Eventbrite's attention.

Message has been deleted