What to do if impossible to return 200 asynchronously

Pavel Sushko

Jul 29, 2021, 11:50:31 AM7/29/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Long story short, I am using Google Apps Script and it does not support async operations. Seeing as my function is longer than 3.5 seconds, I always get 408 timeout, and hence, my webhook is disabled.

Anyone got a trick to bypass this?

Andrew Stillman

Aug 24, 2021, 11:38:00 AM8/24/21
to Eventbrite Developers
I suppose you could always build your own queue using a Google Sheet or the Cache service.   Have your webhook handler simply write the necessary payload to the sheet (or cache) and return, and then use a separate time triggered function to pick up tasks from the queue and perform the longer-running processing.   Doing this in a Sheet would likely make things much more visible, and allow you to log the status of each task, re-run tasks, etc. though it would be slightly slower than using the caching service.