API no longer returns events

Ian McGrath

Mar 23, 2021, 4:54:48 PM3/23/21
to Eventbrite Developers
we built a service last year that would call eventbrite's API and persist the event metadata to a local mongodb cluster. the service didn't get deployed to prod at the time, but we are now dusting it off to ready it it for prod. but the API no longer returns events. The business is still scheduling events and the organizationID has not changed, but the response we get now is

{
    "pagination": {
        "object_count": 0,
        "page_number": 1,
        "page_size": 50,
        "page_count": 1,
        "has_more_items": false
    },
    "events": []
}

I verified that the token we are passing is one we put in our key vault last year.

when we make the all venue call we get a forbidden response
{
    "status_code": 403,
    "error_description": "You are not allowed to request the venues of this user.",
    "error": "NOT_AUTHORIZED"
}

which was also not happening when the code was written last year, as we persisted venues locally many times in our dev environment.

has something changed? I'm going over the apid documentation, but, while detailed, it's a bit short on examples.

thanks
Ian

Eventbrite Developers

Mar 24, 2021, 4:42:24 PM3/24/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Ian,

The top endpoint (https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/organizations/57848390869/events) is the correct one. We tested in Postman and results return with no error. I'm going to message you privately to cover more in depth.

Thanks,
Donna